Northwest Wisconsin CEP is accepting applications for a Chippewa Fresh Start Teacher/Transition Coordinator (LTE1)
POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Teacher/Transition Coordinator for the Chippewa Fresh Start Program is responsible for working to assist at-risk young adults, ages 17-24, to obtain their high school diploma/GED, and enter post-secondary education. The Coordinator will provide transitional services, career development, youth leadership training, and follow-up services for all CFS members.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and must:
▪ Be able to maintain a high level of confidentiality
▪ Be punctual and maintain appropriate appearance
▪ Demonstrate proficiency with a variety of Windows-based software applications (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, and Power Point)
▪ Possess strong communication, listening and critical thinking skills.
▪ Be able to work independently
▪ Have experience working with at-risk young adults
▪ Understand the issues and cultures facing at-risk young adults
▪ Must have respect for the ideas, capabilities, and intelligence of young adults
▪ Possess good organizational and time-management skills with the ability to prioritize daily activities, anticipate changes, and meet all grant requirements and deadlines.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
▪ BS/BA in education or related field
▪ 3 yrs. experience working with at-risk youth and providing career guidance
LOCATION: Ashland Area (Bad River and Red Cliff)
HOW TO APPLY: Visit our Employment Opportunities page for further details and instructions on how to apply. The application process must be completed on or before Friday, March 22nd, 2019. Questions may be directed to:
Northwest Wisconsin CEP
422 3rd Street West, Suite 200
Ashland, WI 54806
(715) 682-9141 x102
Download Full Job Description (3 pages)CEP-JOB-DESCRIPTION-CFS-Teacher-transition-coordinator